Hapkido students at Be Ryong did a demo during yesterday’s Open House. This was the largest group of students to do a demo since we can remember! Watch the video to see some amazing techniques, including Jess breaking a cinder block with his elbow, Chris and Dave throwing each other around, and some white and orange belts demonstrating arm-breaking techniques.. Thanks to everyone who participated this year!
Category Archives: Self-Defense
Be Ryong Open House Coming up on Saturday, October 6
Be Ryong will hold its annual Open House on Friday, October 5 and Saturday, October 6. This is a great chance to explore the martial arts, talk to students and parents, and see some amazing demonstrations. Here’s the schedule:
Friday, October 5, 2018
- All classes, all day, open to the public for free.
- No need to register. Just come 10 minutes before the class starts and check in with Master Yun.
- Wear comfortable you can move in. You will be barefoot on the mat.
- There will TaeKwonDo classes at 4:30pm, 5:15pm, and 6:00pm.
- There will be a HapKiDo class at 6:45pm.
Saturday, October 6, 2018
- 10:00 – 11:00am – Free trial lessons.
- 11:00 – 11:30am – Demonstration by HapKiDo students. There will be techniques, self-defense and breaking.
- 11:30am – 12noon – Student demonstration.
- 12noon – 12:30pm – Performance by the Be Ryong demo team. There will be forms, breaking and self-defense.
This event is free and open to the public. Bring the whole family! Be Ryong is located at 218 W. Glebe Road, Alexandria, VA. The studio is located on the corner of Mount Vernon and W. Glebe, in the same shopping complex as the Food Star grocery store. There is plenty of free parking!
See you at the Open House!
Be Ryong Offering Women’s Self-Defense Courses | Alexandria, Arlington
At the request of many students, Master Yun has decided to offer women’s self-defense classes! The classes will teach women and girls the basics of disarming an attacker and getting away; getting away from wrist grabs; and the basics of pressure points. These will NOT be martial arts classes; these will be down and dirty moves for protecting yourself.
The classes will be held:
Saturday, January 27
Saturday, February 24
Saturday, March 17
1-2pm + short discussion afterward
Classes will be held at Be Ryong Martial Arts at 218 W. Glebe Road, Alexandria, VA. Classes are $20 per class, per person. There will be overlap between classes but if you want to deepen your knowledge of techniques, sign up for multiple classes!
These classes are appropriate for women and teenage girls. Don’t be a victim!